About 1 year ago I posted about a little list of things I would like to get done before the end of this year, and I will post a full report on the whole list on a separate post, but I will talk about the travel related items (below) here:
- have lots of mini-breaks, rather than one big holiday - check
- travel to at least 4 countries - almost there... did 3 (see below)
- a road trip in the UK - booked, but cancelled last minute due to illness (see Isle of Wight below). We may be able to go for our anniversary in November...
- a road trip in another country (or more, if possible) - This might go onto next year's holiday list
So, not too bad... On another post, I actually listed the holidays planned for this year and here's how it's worked out:
- Isle of Wight, over the Easter weekend - unfortunately cancelled at the last minute, as hubby was ill, poor thing
- Rome, May - A short city break with hubs, which unfortunately we didn't really enjoy that much... I guess we had high expectations and were disappointed when we got there... I will do a post more details and photos soon
- Fuerteventura ( Canary Islands), June - a girlie week in the sunshine - Loved it, loved it, loved it! What a lovely place for a relaxing holiday! (Post coming up soon!)
- Lisbon, July - a few days with hubby and family - This ended up being a week, because we realised it would have to be our last holiday abroad for this year, due to hubby changing jobs...
- Paris, August - London to Paris cycle ride for charity (postponed from May) - Cancelled, as I was unable to raise enough funds and therefore wasn't allowed to participate :(
- Maybe Tunisia?, September - not yet decided, but a week away with hubs to catch the last of the sun rays, before the autumn/winter - Cancelled due to hubby changing jobs...
For now, I feel I have more or less recharged my batteries, and want to focus on other things, like some changes related to work, health and home life (these are likely to be mentioned in future posts).